florin83
post Nov 24 2006, 08:19 PM
Post #1

100% BMW corupt

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 13
Car: E36 325i
Engine: M50 192CP

The BMW 335i Touring represents a new pinnacle for the 3 Series Touring range. Never before has BMW produced such a powerful, yet economical, compact estate car capable of carrying five adults and all their luggage. Its introduction into the 3 Series Touring range at the same time as a twin-turbo diesel powered model completes a line-up that stretches from 2.0-litre petrol and diesel entry-level cars all the way to the two twin-turbocharged flagship variants offering the widest range of possible choice for the customer.
Drivetrain
Powered by a twin-turbocharged 3.0-litre engine developing 306hp, the 335i Touring is the fastest-ever 3 Series estate BMW has produced. It accelerates from zero to 62mph in 5.7 seconds before going on to an electronically-limited top speed of 155mph. Such rapid progress is made possible thanks to two turbochargers each supplying compressed air to three cylinders in the straight-six cylinder 2,979cc engine.

Unlike some competitor powerplants that use a single large turbocharger to power a petrol engine, the 335i Touring uses two smaller units to ensure a faster reaction to throttle inputs. Because they 'spool' up more quickly, the affects of turbo lag are negated. The instant performance of the straight-six cylinder engine means the car is capable of swift in-gear acceleration with 400Nm of torque available from 1,300 to 5,000rpm making for effortless, smooth driving.

Aiding the 335i Touring's performance, but also benefiting economy, is BMW's all-new High-Precision Direct Injection system. Piezo injectors are centrally located in the combustion chamber between the inlet and exhaust valves to deliver atomised fuel in a conical burst into the chamber. The result is a smooth, efficient burn with only the exact amount of required fuel mix being delivered into the combustion chamber on each cycle. This method of injection also serves to aid combustion chamber cooling, thus offering a higher compression ratio and improved fuel economy.

The engine in the 335i Touring comes with BMW's innovative Bi-VANOS system for optimum engine efficiency that further benefits performance and economy. Bi-VANOS determines when the intake and outlet valves open so that only the exact amount of fuel mixture passes into the combustion chamber. The aluminium 3.0-litre engine also uses an electrically-powered water pump that, without the power drained from a conventional crankshaft driven unit, is 90 per cent more efficient than a mechanical pump, further aiding economy.

Power in the 335i Touring is transferred to the rear wheels via a six-speed manual gearbox as standard. Customers can specify an all-new six-speed automatic gearbox with steering wheel-mounted paddles for gear selection.

Chassis
Like all other BMW products, the new 335i Touring has near-perfect 50:50 weight distribution and comes with a front engine and rear-wheel-drive set-up to deliver an unsurpassed driving experience in its segment. It achieves this by using a double-joint tie bar aluminium front axle to deliver a rewarding combination of agile steering and good ride. At the rear, a five-link rear axle is constructed from high-grade, lightweight steel for strength but retains high levels of elastokinematic flexibility to iron out road imperfections. Many suspension components are manufactured from aluminium to reduce the car's unsprung masses and further improve ride quality.

The 335i Touring uses a traditional rack and pinion steering set up as standard, providing the highest levels of feedback and accuracy. Customers can opt for BMW's innovative Active Steering system. Active Steering varies the steering ratio in relation to vehicle speed by adding driver input to assist in slow speed manoeuvres such as parking, or reducing it to contribute to high-speed stability.

Safety
The BMW 335i Touring comes with one of the most advanced forms of traction control system currently available in the world, Dynamic Stability Control+. In addition to the renowned benefits of previous traction systems offered by BMW, DSC+ takes things a stage further with five additional safety functions.

• Brake Pre-tensioning shortens stopping distances by priming the brakes if the driver instinctively lifts off the accelerator in preparation for an emergency stop.
  • Brake Drying improves braking performance in the wet by periodically gently applying the pads to the discs. In wet weather conditions, a film of water can build up on the disc hindering stopping power but this slight braking action removes this film and ensures optimum retardation.
  • Hill Start Assistant allows the driver of a manual transmission car to pull away smoothly on a gradient without having to balance the clutch and the throttle. Brake pressure is maintained for the time it takes to move the foot from brake to accelerator, preventing the car from rolling backwards.
  • Fade Compensation can apply additional braking without any extra effort from the driver. Following very spirited driving the brakes may experience some fade due to excessive heat build up. However, Fade Compensation means the pads still bite the disc for optimum stopping power.
  • Soft Stop contributes to a smoother journey for all occupants. A small proportion of braking pressure is released as the car comes to a standstill, minimising the potential for a sharp, halting stop.
When a tow bar is fitted, BMW's innovative Trailer Stability Control becomes part of the DSC+ system. When the yaw sensor detects any pendulum motion of a towed vehicle or trailer, DSC intervenes to reduce the throttle and brake individual wheels to bring the trailer back under control. The optional Active Steering system has an added safety benefit as it is linked to DSC+. It can therefore detect if the car's speed is too high for a cornering manoeuvre and, if this is the case, apply a small amount of additional counter-steer to bring the car back under control.

Occupants in a BMW 335i Touring are protected by up to six airbags. The driver and front passenger are protected by two-stage intelligent airbags with an inflation rate dependent on the severity of the accident. Seat bolster-mounted side airbags offer further protection. Front and rear passengers are protected by a curtain airbag that inflates between the A- and C-pillar, protecting both the head and upper body from an impact and from any shards of glass or intrusions entering the cabin.

The BMW 335i Touring features BMW's Brake Force Display system, that illuminates an additional rear lighting segment in the event of an emergency stop, and Run-flat tyres. These allow a driver to complete their journey in the event of a puncture without having to perform a dangerous roadside wheel change. A car with a flat tyre can continue for more than 150 miles at speeds of up to 50mph.

Design
Available in either SE or M Sport trim, the 335i Touring is the most distinctive yet practical car among its peers. With the 60:40 split folding rear seats in place, 450 litres of space is available – the extra 15 litres making the car more spacious with its seats up than an Audi A4 or Jaguar X-Type. With the seats folded, 1,385 litres are available for larger, bulky items, topping the space available in the Mercedes Benz C-Class Estate and the Audi A4 Avant.

Retaining familiar BMW design cues, the front view of the new 335i Touring features the classic double kidney grilles, twin headlamps, and pronounced power dome in the bonnet. In profile, BMW's characteristic long bonnet, short overhangs and traditional 'Hofmeister kink' and swept-back glasshouse continue to showcase the visible BMW DNA.

At the rear, the practical aspect of the 335i Touring is evident in its design. The new 335i Touring features a split-opening rear tailgate, enabling the rear window to be opened independently. For larger items, the height and width of the loading aperture have been maximised by a cut-out in the rear bumper that lowers the loading height. Two-piece rear lamp clusters, split between boot lid and body, increase available width. The boot lid also lifts to a height that allows anyone under two-metres tall to stand beneath.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tytus
post Nov 24 2006, 11:12 PM
Post #2

Z4 Fan

Group: Insiders
Member No.: 200
Car: exE46 325Ti
Engine: exM54TU 2.5 192cp

sau cum sa cari mobila si cartofi la 280km/h biggrin.gif

--------------------
exE46 325Ti, Silver metallic.
Suzuki GSR600 B-King K7,Blue ; Kawasaki ZZR1400A 2008,Metallic Midnight Sapphire Blue ; Sachs MadAss125 2009,Matte Black.
Motocicleta mea Suzuki GSR600
Motocicleta mea Kawasaki ZZR1400
Motoreta mea Sachs MadAss125
Acoperisul meu de iarna: Green Cozy Tico

+Quote Post
Shark
post Nov 24 2006, 11:51 PM
Post #3

73% BMW corupt

Group: Members
Member No.: 176
Car: E30 316i
Engine: M40B16 100CP

Corect, dar nu tocmai complet: "cum sa cari mobila si cartofi la 280km/h intr-o masina coreana cu sigle de BMW"

--------------------
You only need two tools in life: WD-40 and "Duck" Tape.
For everything that doesn't move and it should, use WD-40.
For everything that shouldn't move and it does, use the duct tape.

+Quote Post
iulian325
post Nov 25 2006, 09:18 AM
Post #4

100% BMW corupt

Member No.: 307
Car: -
Engine: -

tare biggrin.gif
seamana izbitor mai ales din spate
biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Viper05
post Nov 25 2006, 01:50 PM
Post #5

a

Member No.: 83
Car: a
Engine: a

QUOTE (iulian325 @ Nov 25 2006, 09:18 AM) *
tare biggrin.gif
seamana izbitor mai ales din spate
biggrin.gif

cu ce? blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
florin83
post Nov 25 2006, 03:58 PM
Post #6

100% BMW corupt

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 13
Car: E36 325i
Engine: M50 192CP

cu o "chinezarie" biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
iulian325
post Nov 25 2006, 04:36 PM
Post #7

100% BMW corupt

Member No.: 307
Car: -
Engine: -

cu o pseudo jappo/chinezo/coreanorie biggrin.gif
mai rau...parca stringe din buci...asemenea tipei alea de pe nu stiu ce forum care s-a laudat ca a luat-o la buci si acu se scapa pe ea biggrin.gif
cind trece cite o mega noutate de bmweu d'asta pe linga mine nu ma pot gindi decit ca ori e masina de poponari ori ...e 'stricata la burta'...

+Quote Post
Viper05
post Nov 25 2006, 04:42 PM
Post #8

a

Member No.: 83
Car: a
Engine: a

Acuma am inteles nici eu nu sunt un mare fan al seriei 3(bangle) mi se pare oribil spatele si interiorul , nush la ce s-au gandit, si mai presus de toate volanul este absolut oribil n-am vazut nimik mai hidos in viata mea

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frank SF
post Nov 26 2006, 12:14 AM
Post #9

0% BMW corupt

Member No.: 65

aveti idee cind va fi sedan-ul si touring-ul 335i disponibil in ro? si la ce pret? inteleg however ca nu va putea fi comandat cu x-drive ci va fi doar cu tractiune spate, correct ?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Google

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:41 AM